My good buddy Rena over at Insert Grace Here tagged me. I’m supposed to tell the public seven random things about me. In an ideal world, I’m thinking they should be things that should be somewhat interesting. So, these are seven things, they are random, and whether or not they are interesting is up for debate. Strange? Maybe. Intersting? Doubtful. But thanks for the stress, Rena! I really needed one more thing to do today. (You know I’m kidding, right?)
7 Random things about me…
1. My second toe is shorter than my third toe, just like my mom. No, my mom is not shorter than my third toe – my mom’s second toe is shorter than her third, and mine are like hers. I know this was supposed to be random things about ME – sorry to drag you into this whole ugly mess, Mom. Hope that wasn’t a secret!
2. I have all my wisdom teeth (and I have no fillings or cavities). That’s why I’m so smart! I also get this from my mom, but I won’t go into the whole “mom’s teeth” thing. I think her toes have been stepped on enough for today. Also, I consider this a blessing from God because I am DEATHLY AFRAID of the dentist after a traumatic childhood visit to the sadist dentist.
3. I can recite the Girl Scout Promise in French. Had to learn it for some sort of international badge. I don’t know why it’s still in my memory taking up space. I sure could use that space for something else more useful, I’m sure.
4. I can’t chew gum in church. We weren’t allowed to chew gum in church as kids. Sometimes I chew gum as I drive all the way to church, walk through the parking lot, into the hallway, go to the fellowship hall, visit with friends, but when I walk through the church door into the sanctuary, I get this horrible feeling that I have something really bad in my mouth that needs to be spit out. I DO! It’s gum!! “Spit that gum out, young lady! This is God’s house.” (That’s not my mom, that’s the voice in my head.)
5. I like almost all foods, except for celery. It repulses me. And to pair it with peanut butter and raisins?? Are you kidding me? Who wants to eat “ants on a log” anyway? Wait! I’ve just figure it out – that’s what it feels like when I have gum in my mouth at church – like I just bit into a giant piece of celery coated with peanut butter and raisins. Ewww – I’ve gotta go spit…
6. I was horrified when my dad made me take public speaking in High School – “When will I ever use that in the future??!!” Now I love to speak at women’s conferences, bible studies, retreats, etc. I still get just as nervous in a room of only 25 ladies that are close friends as I do in a room of over 100 ladies. I hope they don’t read this, then I’ll be really nervous.
7. I think cookie dough always tastes better than the actual baked cookie. My favorite cookie dough is oatmeal, followed by chocolate chip cookie dough. I used to love sugar cookie dough, but having overindulged in the past, I have a bit of an aversion there.
Oh – and you get a bonus today …
8. I love corny puns. Especially when I make them up. 🙂 Here’s my latest. “Please don’t burn my toast. I’m black-toast intolerant.” See? Hilarious, I know!
Alrighty then. That’s about it for the randomness. I think I’ve freaked myself out (and probably my mom, too). I’m going to make an appointment for therapy.
I’m a Believer!